What We Do Who we are Partners and networks


News 2014 News 2015 News 2016 News 2017 News 2018


Events 2014 Events 2015 Events 2016 Events 2017 Events 2018


Articles Working Papers Reports Videos Newsletters Data Statements Books Policy Briefs Featured Publications


Funding Research and learning Work with us Communication Engagement Support us Examples and case studies


Contact Information

Home > OPPORTUNTIES > Work with us

Open positions at the UHWB, IUE

November 30, 2017

Science Officer

We are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, talented and open-minded science officer with excellent communication skills, fluent in English and Chinese. He/She should have an MSc degree and an interest in advancing the science of Urban health and Wellbeing; have excellent English and Chinese writing and communication skills and enjoy writing for science. The candidate should be willing to travel and be located at the international programme office (IPO) at the Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Science in Xiamen, Fujian, China.

We offer a salary of approx. 8K RMB, according to qualifications, status and CAS regulations. An initial 3-year contract will be offered with prospect of extension. The position is open until filled.

2 Post-doc positions (Internationals or Chinese)

The UHWB programme offers 2 post-doc positions, each for a period of 2 years. The successful applicant should send an application with CV and cover letter in which s/he demonstrates her/his interest in an urban environmental health related research topic, ideally with an understanding of urban metabolism, urban ecology or generally a systems approach to urban environmental health issues.

The stipend offered will be according to CAS condition for post-doctoral researchers.

PhD positions at UHWB, IUE

According to an agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) for the advancement of science in developing countries, up to 200 students/scholars from all over the world will be sponsored to study in China for doctoral degrees for up to 4 years.

For your application you need to find an eligible host institute. IUE, CAS can be your host and you can be supervised by the UHWB programme's senior researchers or other senior researchers at IUE. More information regarding eligibility criteria and a step-by-step guide can be found here.

For information:

Contact us through these links:



Subscribe our newsletters