Communications Officer Position in UHWB
July 28, 2016
Application Deadline: August 26, 2016
The UHWB programme is a 10 year, global interdisciplinary science programme to promote research on urban health in changing urban environments.
The international programme office is based in Xiamen, China and seeks a communications officer.
The potential candidate will be part of a team at the international programme office in Xiamen, China and employed by the Institute of Urban Environment, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Ideally the candidate will
- have a university degree in a any field related to urban environment, health or complexity science, and will convincingly show an intersted in the topic of the programme.
- have good chinese and english reading, writing and speaking skills
- be familiar with webdesign and web content management
- have previously written essays, newsletters, flyrs or similar publications
- be familiar with some aspects of academic publishing, or able to familiarize her/himself with it easily
- have experience in designd and layout of texts, such as news feeds, newsletters, press releases, flyrs, posters, etc...
- be able to give interviews and moderate or take part in discussions
- have capabilities in photography and film
- will have good intercultural communication skills, or a talent for communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds
Interested candidates, please send your application documents with a letter of motivation, addressd to Dr. Franz Gatzweiler, executive director of the programme, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 26.